Winter is just not about warm clothes, fireside reading, snuggling close to the pillows wrapped from head to toe with a comfy quilt. It is time to battle the cold winds that hampers your body, skin and hair. A little care will keep the wintry troubles at bay.
Dry Hair Care
* Before the winter winds can work havoc with your hair, expose your hair to deep conditioning. Since the cold weather causes to dry hair, massage your hair in aloe Vera juice for a few minutes. This will restore its softness.
* You can also treat your hair with oil massage once or twice a week Olive oil can work wonders in reinforcing moisture to your hair. Heat the oil before using and allow it to soak for a time lesser than the time you allot for the summer season. Too long a period of soaking hair in oil can get you ill. If you are used to treating your hair with herbal extracts or herbal oil do not soak it for a long time. Herbal ingredients are mostly cooling agents that are more suitable for the summer. Keep away from washing your hair too frequently.
* Woolen clothing like hats, scarves and turtlenecks can cause damage to your hairline. Since they can cause breakage, first cover your hair with a silk scarf before exposing it to winter wraps.
* It is the appropriate time for split ends to work their way up to the hair shafts. Hence trim your split ends.
* Style your hair with a braid, twist or a knot. Try Keeping away from letting your hair open and wild, as the cold winds can play rough on your hair.
* Avoid exposing your hair to frequent coloring, streaking, or ironing as they can rob your hair off its moisture and it is advisable to avoid heating appliances on your hair.
* Expose your hair to natural drying. Keep away from blow dryers. If you have to use, use one with a hood.
* Always cover your hair with a silk fabric to guard it from the chill winds.
Dry Skin Care
* Your skin texture depends not only on external treatments, but also on the intake. A proper nutritious intake helps in rejuvenating the skin from within.
* Water plays an important role in keeping your skin alive. A good amount of water helps in retaining the moisture of your skin as well keeping skin disorders at bay.
* Fruits and vegetables in your daily diet release a lot of water to your system. Primrose syrup and olive oil in your diet also aids in softening your skin.
* Use the paste of ground green gram powder instead of soap to work your way to a soft and supple skin.
* Pamper you skin with a little coconut oil before bath to heal dryness and chaps. Use a creamy soap that renders that extra suppleness to your skin.
* Moisturizers and cold creams are a must in the winters. Apply some good cold cream on your face before going to bed. Moisten your skin with a good moisturizer or a creamy hand and body lotion.
* Add a few drops of oil to the water that you are using to bath. This will help retain the moisture lost when bathing. Avoid using very hot water during winter as it can decrease the natural oils of your skin. Instead shorten your bath time.
Hands Skin Care and Nails Care
* When treating your hands add a few drops of oil in the water that you use to soak them. With regards to hands, try using rubber gloves while immersing them in water.
* Use a base coat over your nails against the cold weather.
* A good petroleum jelly will be an effective cover over your lips against the cold weather.
* Butter is effective in curing chapped lips and renders an extra softness.
So get ready to shield your body against the winter threats.